Statistics is always fascinating…and for various reasons:
1. It is meaningful and factual. It is not like S’s statement in the Management of Organizations exam… “I am 100% sure that this is probably what it is…or atleast close to it…almost…with a definite probability…”
2. It holy shit is the best way to make the opposite person stand up and salute you. Before I came to ISB…statistics was just a subject…people identify me with it now…! Escapes me why…!
3. It is a very smart person’s way of saying… “u know what…I know nothing about you…or your company…and I don’t care as well…but…I can run something called a regression…and amaze u…and tell you that you will be a billion dollar company if the economy grows at 45%…and per capita GDP becomes a million…”…and you WILL believe me…cause I used stats…!
Anyways…so the point is…I was browsing through my blog stats…last evening…at 3.30 in the morning…and I just started playing with numbers…and realized something that I haven’t…ever…
The psychology of blogging…!
The average daily hit on my blog is close to 62. Most of them spend 0:00 minutes on the blog (and I am serious…!!!) and some of them even 27 minutes…(I am sure they must be numb by the end of it)
The highest hits I have seen in a single day was last Tuesday…153…! The lowest has been 37…many a times…
The referrals tell me that most readers come from within ISB itself…and again most of them directed through the gods of blogging B, R and V.
And now the interesting fact (refer to the pic)
Whenever the blog receives more than 75 hits, it is because of a couple of reasons (and 3 for those keeping track!)
I wrote a new entry
Something substantial happened in my life…
Something substantial happened at ISB
Which brings me to the following questions…
1. If on an average I get 62 hits…then how does this number suddenly jump on a new entry? I mean…if person X comes to the blog and realizes that there is a new entry…he simply reads it and goes back. He doesn’t go shouting naked…”eureka eureka”…nor does he send a spam titled “hot wild girls” with www.alienwan.blogspot.com as the content…! So how does the news transmit…?
2. If something happens in my life…which ISB people know about…I get increased hits. What brings them to the blog…? Do they want to know why it happened…or maybe even what happened…? How come suddenly…so many people think that my blog is worth spending time on…(its really not…but then we will stick to one problem at a time…!)
3. Why is it that my hits increase very close to the exams? Why is it that I get maximum hits on the 1st day of the term…?
Interesting questions…I thought about them…but sadly the statistics involved me more…
I guess this is somewhere close to customer understanding or something like that…anyways…am still looking for answers…
Can it be possible that you writing has a certain pattern
Say you put an entry every two days + or – a certain confidence interval.
People have internalized this and hence keep coming at these time interval…kehne ka matlab hai ke this cud be similat to the famous Pavlov experiment..you initially trained the readers(dogs) by writing regular entries and now readers(dogs) are habituated to visit your blog whether you write or not
Just kidding…kya hai fixed income mujhe nahi aata hai..usi ka asar hai
What a great site In home cooking schools in seattle black dating edgerton wyoming canadian institute financial planning Bentley diecast models Phendimetrazine hcl tablet Yasmin testimonials Star seat covers
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »
Excellent, love it! Bedroom furniture children http://www.broadband-companies.info/venlafaxine-affect-periods.html Budget air line ticket to denmark http://www.business-insurance-bahama.info/Insurance-handbook-medical-office-student-software-challenge.html