“Ankur, I am appearing for job interviews these days. And most of the time I falter because of my communication skills even though I know everything.
How can I prepare myself better for interviews?”
I get asked this question a lot often from students appearing for interviews for internships, jobs, and even post-grad interviews.
If you are someone who also goes through the same, this is what would help:
1. Make a list of top 5 questions, you want to be really good at answering
These are usually the same questions that get asked in almost every interview.
2. Video record the responses to these questions, EVERY DAY.
While recording, do not look at yourself on the screen. Look at the camera pinhole. Focus all your attention there.
3. Play it back, in 2 separate modes
– Listen to the audio of the recording (do not watch the video). Make a note of all the things you want to improve upon. Pick them up the next day.
– Watch the video without the audio (mute the video). This is how the interviewer views you – your body language. Make a note of all the things you want to improve upon. Pick them up the next day.
In just 30 days, you will not be able to recognize yourself!