I came across a beautiful post on Instagram and had to share it with all of you.
Ask your mom these 7 questions:
1. What is the happiest memory you have about me, from the past?
2. What, according to you, is the best thing I have done for you?
3. What are the most beautiful and the most painful things about growing old?
4. How was the first year of your life after you became a mother?
5. Is there something you have kept a secret from me all these years?
6. What do you want the most from your children?
7. When you are gone, what is the one thing you want me to always remember?
As I reflected on these 7 questions, two things dawned upon me:
How little do we actually know of our parents, as a human.
How rarely do we have true and meaningful conversations about them.
I am guilty of the above too and I want to spend the rest of my time with my parents changing this.
I hope you do too, before it’s too late.