Whenever I’m reached out by people asking me if they should go for an MBA or not, the answer, mostly, is no.
Here’s the mistake we make while considering an MBA:
- We want to do it to get a degree.
- We do not know what to do next in life.
- It will give us two years more to not face ourselves.
Here are the real reasons for which one should consider an MBA:
- It is from a top B-school
- It has a difficult selection criterion
- The career graphs of their alums are an example of what they reflect
The network you get from a top B-school challenges you to change your thinking completely, and that is the only reason you should consider an MBA.
It turns out, most often in life, we are not confused about answers, we are confused about the right questions which invariably make the answers difficult.