When any new team member joins my team wariCrew for the first time, here are the most important life lessons they learn:
1. Their job is not to prove anyone wrong. Their job is to do their job right.
2. There is no such thing as “one person” better than other. There is more than enough for everyone to win.
3. You win only when you make your team win. No exceptions.
4. Feedback is there to make you grow. No one is playing conspiracy theories against you.
5. You are trusted from Day 1. Access to a shared team drive. Stipend credit. Our in-house software access. All of them. You only have to screw up badly in order to lose that trust.
Which one of these was the most surprising to you?